- Application for a scholarship is automaticaly considered when the “online application form” is completed prior to the first deadline, established for candidates to Erasmus Mundus funding.
- The REM Secretariat will check your elegibility and will communicate you whether you are elegible or not.
- ELEGIBILITY CRITERIA include:
- Academic criteria: fullfil the academic requirements to participate in the programme.
- Procedure criteria: all the required data, forms and documents have been successfully submitted.
- EM call restrictions: you have applied for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship to a maximum of two (2) joint programmes (EMMC and EMJD together) other than the REM and you have not been holder of a EMMC scholarship previously.
- “12 months rule”: in case you apply for a student scholarship, you declare that you are not currently resident of EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein Macedonia, Norway or Turkey, nor have carried out your main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of these countries.
- The main SELECTION CRITERIA are:
- Study and academic merits (based on the transcript of records of previous studies and the curriculum vitae).
- Motivation (based on the Motivation Letter included in the application form).
- Coherence and prospects (based on the proposed study programme and its correspondence with the applicant’s background, motivation and prospects; also the JPB’s report can be taken into consideration).
- Support by external advisors (recommendation letters).
- Chances of success in the programme (possible pursuit in a PhD programme or integration in an industry research unit at the home country)
- Other merits.
THE EVALUATION RESULTS ARE COMMUNICATED TO THE APPLICANTS IN APRIL AS A PRE-SELECTION OF CANDIDATES.
HOWEVER, THE RESULTS ARE ONLY CONSIDERED DEFINITIVE WHEN VALIDATED BY THE EACEA, WHICH MAY OCCUR IN APRIL-MAY.
[last update = 04/11/2018]