The Master in Renewable Energy in the Marine Environment provides scholarships for specialized scholars in the fields of study of the master. Specialized Scholars are high achieving researchers with a wide experience in fields related with Renewable Energy in the Marine Environment, although other topics such as Deontology, Regulatory Framework, Insurance, Economy and related fields will also be considered.
Scholar/guest lecturers’ mobility is considered eligible in the following cases:
- mobility between the partners of the consortium (including to/from associated partners)
- mobility from outside the consortium, in case such mobility is clearly linked to the Master course
Activity programmes can be proposed in any of the Universities participating in the Master:
- University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK. Admission of proposals open until October 1 for this academic year
- PV/EHU in Bilbao, Spain. Admission of proposals open until March 1 for this academic year
- NTNU in Trondheim, Norway. Admission of proposals open until October 1 for this academic year
- École Centrale de Nantes, France. Admission of proposals open until October 1 for this academic year
Individual scholarship of 1,200 € for non European candidates and 1,000 € for European candidates will be awarded for a week stay(1) (incl. travel expenses & accommodation costs); the candidate might stay longer according to convenience but the budget is limited to the amount awarded.
Interested candidates should send a short letter to the Master Coordinator, Dr. Jesus Mª Blanco (firstname.lastname@example.org) including his personal contact data, a short form CV and a short description of the proposed ACTIVITY PROGRAMME. (download application letter)
The evaluación procedure for the Selection of Applicants will be carried out by the JPB and will be based on the following criteria, as shown in the table below:
|Evaluation criteria||Evidence||Weight in score|
|Profile of the Scholar and expertise||Scholar CV||50%|
|Quality of the proposed activity||Programme proposed||40%|
|Scientific quality of the institution (2)||Ranked university||10%|
Selected Applicants, with a final score higher than 8 out of 10, will receive an Invitation letter from the JPB with all the details. A final confirmation of its acceptance must be sent back by the Granted Scholar.
EMMC scholars holding an Erasmus Mundus scholarship must:
- Commit themselves to actively participate in the masters course activities
- Perform teaching/research/student tutoring activities
- Bring concrete added value to the course and students (through teaching of specific classes, leading and participating in seminars or workshops, monitoring and tutoring student research/project activities, participating in thesis reviews, preparing new teaching modules, etc.)
- Contribute, after their visiting scholar activities, to the promotion and dissemination of the Erasmus Mundus Programme in general, and the EMMC concerned in particular, in their institution and country of origin.
- Produce a report on the activities carried out during the stay that will be submitted to EACEA.
(1) 4 days out of the week end
(2) An online platform will be used:
[last update = 03/29/2019]