FINAL MASTER THESIS PROCEDURE 2nd INTAKE (2019-2021)
A) PREPARING THE POOL OF OFFERS FOR FINAL MASTER THESES (FMT):
- April 27, 2020: Emailing all the Associate Partners (AP) to request offers for Final Master Thesis (FMT) according to the template provided, including name of the tentative hosting institution, contact person, title, abstract (max. 100 words) and skills required from each tentative candidate.
- May 22, 2020: Deadline for the submission of offers from the AP to the REM Secretariat (email@example.com).
- May 26, 2020: The REM Secretariat communicates the students via eGela the final pool of offers, so they can select a maximum of three (3) choices according to the info provided in the pool and get in contact directly with the AP’s they have selected, by clearly identifying the chosen offer(s) and sending their curriculum (CV) for review to the contact person of each offer. Then, the AP will conduct the preliminary selection procedures through revision of the CV of the candidate(s) together with an interview agreed by both parties.
- June 26, 2020: Deadline for the submission of tentative allocation of students from the AP, according to their respective selection procedure, to the REM Secretariat. If there is more than one candidate per offer, they must be ranked by the AP in order of merit (preference).
B) ALLOCATION OF FMT:
- July 24, 2020: The REM Secretariat communicates all the AP and Candidates the provisional decision adopted by the Joint Programme Board (JPB) regarding preliminary allocation of candidates for the FMT, by following the criteria for allocation shown below, aiming to ensure compliance with the REM Consortium Agreement.
- September 11, 2020: Deadline for appealing the JPB decision, through the “Appeal form” that can be downloaded from the REM website. Appeals must be based on sufficient academic grounds.
- October 1, 2020: Communication of the final JPB decision to AP and Candidates for the allocation of the FMT. This decision is not open to a further appeal and must be accepted by all the parties.
- February 1, 2021: Beginning of the 4th semester for the FTM at UoS, UPV/EHU and NTNU.
- February 16, 2021: Beginning of the 4th semester for the FTM at ECN.
- July 19 to 23, 2021: VIVAS at UPV/EHU (exact dates and composition of the Juriesto be determined according to availabilities. All parties will be duly informed ahead of time).
- July 31, 2021: End of the 4th semester at UoS, UPV/EHU and NTNU.
- August 31, 2021: End of the 4th semester for the FTM at ECN.
CRITERIA FOR ALLOCATION OF FMT
Aiming to ensure the accomplishment in allocating the maximum number of supervised students per Partner University according to the REM Consortium Agreement, the JPB will review the proposals through the following scoring table and will make a final decision accordingly, which will be mandatoryafter the deadline to appeal, aiming to allow enough time for the selected candidates to manage visas, accommodation, etc.if needed:
|Evaluation criteria||Evidence||Weight (%)|
|Academic performance of the candidate||Ranked position of the candidate (*)||45|
|Relevance of the proposal for the candidate||Background of the candidate||25|
|Previous compromises||Agreement or similar||15|
|Access to Doctorate/work||Request or acceptance certificate||10|
(*) According to the data encoded in the European Mobility Tool (EMT)
(**) Additional aspects that the JPB can take into account
[last update = 05/18/2020]